Search This Blog

Thursday 24 May 2018

Word bearers and why the silence





Hello again, we’ve been pretty quiet recently and that probably needs some explaining. Sometimes life gets in the way of toy soldiers....and other times you get challenged to paint 1500pts in a month! So, I decided to work with what I had, which was a few boxes of betrayal at Calth and then I ordered a bit more stuff.....now I have close to 3000pts in two months!




I chose the Word Bearers as I wanted to make a good job of this most evil of legions and also as myself, JB and Ironandblood are going to try to do an armatura campaign at some point this year. I also saw that one of the Figure designers at Forgeworld had done a nice colour scheme on his army at the Horus Heresy Weekender, so I got the method and modified it slightly.





First figures were tactical marines, as they should be. I went for a varied base of dark earth, slate and middenheim tufts for contrast. Next time I’ll explain my painting method but for now, here’s 3 days worth of my first unit of Word Bearers.








Till next time, SR

No comments:

Post a Comment