Search This Blog

Saturday 26 May 2018

Zulu War Project Introductions. Daveco and CommiTzarSmith

It would be fair to say that on this Blog I am the "Historical Guy" despite having 3 Heresy Armies and having a back ground in 40k for the last 20 years. On this blog page I do tend to post up the "other stuff" you see. I have a passion for history as regular readers will know and I enjoy many different time periods. Our newest Blogger CommiTzarSmith is also very passionate about all things history! So we got our heads together and decided on a "NEW PROJECT" The Idea came to me when watching that classic film - Roadhouse. Patrick Swayze's gave me a light bulb moment! ZULU WAR! (Don't know why)
Thank you Dalton, Bars are always safe when you are the Cooler



So I organized with CommiTzarSmith about factions and units we would need.
The First 70, ready to assemble.


Naturally I would need Zulus, CommiTzarSmith would take care of the British. Luckily for me both Warlord Games and Perry Miniatures cover the Zulu war. So I bought sets from both. A Wagon (to plunder) and for some reason some brilliant 28mm Chickens from a company called Warbases. Either way in the next weeks and months Me and CommiTzar will be documenting our progress on the miniatures and eventual battles we will fight. For now know I have 176 Zulus to build and paint...

From the film - Zulu. These Warriors were brave and much feared


What Rules to use? Dont Know.

What Size of Games? Dont Know, but you never see a Handful of Zulus do you? NO you see THOUSANDS OF EM!

Again from the film Zulu. This is what will happen to CommiTzarSmiths lines, completely overrun!


See you later

1 comment: