Search This Blog

Friday 27 April 2018

Sons of Horus Terminators






Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Yes, and it's full of these guys. Run! Flee for your lives!

So I got these done during the great winter of 2018. Basically they're a little project I have on the side. I wouldn't say it's "a new army", since it's one squad and it's going to stay one squad until I finish my other projects.





I set myself a few goals with this squad that I want to stick with. Apart from my Sisters of Silence force (who don't count ;) ) I tend to be very, ugh minimalist, when it comes to highlighting. It can very time consuming and I feel you need a lot of time to do it all in one go. Plus a lot of my Heresy armies have been very infantry focused and easily over a 100 models for some of them.

However, I love Cataphracts and so I figured if I have a small zone mortalis force and slowly build things up I can practice my highlights and get a nice looking army.

Why Sons of Horus? Well, I really like the green, red, black and bronze scheme. They are obviously the big bad of the Heresy and especially in Vengeful Spirit you see Abaddon leading a lot of Terminators in those decapitation strikes they're fond of.

I have a fiendish plan brewing with the tacticals, since I also want the full legion upgrades and for them to be Despoilers; but that's still a ways off.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work! I dig the aux. grenade launcher on the back of the lightning claw rather than on the top of the armor, might have to do that for future sergeants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto, that looks good, reminiscent of the old metal Terminator Capt

      Delete