Search This Blog

Thursday 12 October 2017

Painting Spaces- JB

Hello folks,

So my painting space...well...errr it's more of a... hmmmm

Well here it is.




So there you have it.
My space has changed quite a bit over the years, and this is its current iteration.

It's an easy set up table, an old comfy blanket, and a box of paints. The Feline assistant is optional.

I grew up having to drape my mam's dining room table in newspaper, and putting yet more paper on the floor at my feet. It was a full on military operation and it eventually began to drive me away from my hobby. I was spending more time setting up than I was painting. Something had to change.

That change was to be the TV dinner table. This actually allowed me to sit for hours on end, usually watching TV or listening to music, painting to my hearts content. My mojo was soon back with a vengeance, figures exploding from all angles.

This is where I usually paint, but I do have a neater, more contemporary space where I sometimes work if I need a change of scenery, but that is just a desk with a day light bulb in the lamp.

For me the TV table was one of the best things to happen for my hobby and painting. Everyone has something different, something that just clicks for them and this is it for me. Simple, not professional in the slightest, but functional, and for me that's all I need.

Thanks Guys!
More Figures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment