I wanted these to be black and yellow so I used the citadel paint app and went completely for the same colour scheme, the original plan was to go for more black checks, but I liked the yellow and stuck with it. I also liked the flesh tone they used, it was very organic, the 40k Orcs are a bit too grass green for me.
I’m going to go through painting the yellow, using the app has made me use brighter colours with more extreme edge highlights, I think this is a good thing and draws the eye more to the figure. Onto the yellow-
1. Basecoat of Averland Sunset
2. Shade the whole yellow surface with Casandora Yellow, I don’t use this often but maybe I should, it really warmed the basecoat up to create a contrast for the later layers
3. Yriel yellow to the raised surfaces
4. Edge highlights with Flashgitz Yellow
5. I added this stage myself, an extreme edge highlight of Dorn Yellow
Now you have a good depth of colour to the yellow, I’d also advise the paint app for the “clean black” method, I really like it and will definitely use it in future. Now, here’s some more Orruks!