Search This Blog

Monday 13 November 2017

Shadespire- painting the Bloodborne

With the liberators all finished it’s time to sort out some opponents. I like the bloodborne models, they don’t make me as bitter as sigmarines did. They also have a lot of flesh on them, which I now see as a challenge to make it look good, in the last I think flesh was a scary thing to paint, colours were not ideal, coverage wasn’t great and washes didn’t lie as well. Now it’s much easier. So without further ado, here are my Bloodborne.






The method for the flesh was taken straight from the citadel paint app, I wanted these guys to be super pale, this would create a good contrast with the red and black. So the method was as follows:

1. Basecoat of Rakarth Flesh.

2. Wash with Reikland Fleshshade.

3. Layer the raised surfaces with Flayed One Flesh

4. Slight edge highlights with Palid Wych Flesh

Then you should have a seriously pale blood spilling, khorne worshipping hombre!



I enjoyed painting this guy and the next most, lots of animation in the sculpt







The citadel paint app really helped with these, I did each group in a week, chipping away at stages for an hour or two every other night. Pretty happy with the results, next onto the Orruks!

No comments:

Post a Comment