I wanted an infantry heavy army, all World Eaters armies should be infantry heavy! Loads of assault troops. I started with tactical marines with bolt pistols and chainaxes, but more on those later. Today I'm showing may latest figures, a five man unit of Rampagers with jump packs.
Not a massive fan of these sculpts, I think the heads are a bit ugly and the gladiator aspect could have been more apparent (maybe helmets- gladiator style?). I used Kromlech swords for the falx bladers as the GW ones snap easily.
My method for the white is:
1. Undercoat white- with airbrush and vallejo white primer approx 1/4 vallejo thinner. This is imperative, you need a smooth base coat and for my spray can sometimes be grainy with white, so I used my airbrush.
2. Ulthuan grey air, same ratio as previous, consistency of milk,
3. Line the detail with the following mix Nuln oil/Agrax/Lahmian medium 1:2:1
4. Tidy up
5. Either line highlight with skull white OR before step 2 use the airbrush to highlight raised areas with white (I use vallejo air white).
6. I weather with thinned stirland battlemire and a sponge and blood for the blood god (I used a little khorne red with this for dried blood).
More World Eaters next time!